- Responsible in preparation and presentation of projections and annual budgets that summarise and forecast the financial position of the company.
- To coordinate with Head Office Financial Reporting and to be responsible to verifying monthly accounts and financial reports; monthly budget variance reports including analysis and explanation for variances from YTD budget; cash flow forecast; monthly financial forecasts and any other additional reports as may be required from time to time.
- Analyse and reconcile accounts for accuracy and compliance with all pertinent procedures and regulations, identify weaknesses in internal controls and safeguards assets.
- Monitor and control the cash flow and treasury matters, to ensure meeting the business needs of the company.
- Ensure an effective asset management to include rent and lease agreements, asset inventory, insurance etc.
- Arrange for annual audits to meet statutory obligations, work directly with external auditors and ensure compliance with legal and statutory reporting requirements.
- Implement good budgetary controls to ensure that potential overspending is identified early and addressed in a responsible manner by the budget holders.
- Keep up to date of new trends, development, laws and regulations that impact the financial activities.
- Participate in the formulation, interpretation and implementation of policies and procedures for procurement.
- Participate in the enhancement of associated computer systems and applications as required to meet the evolving needs of the operations.
- Analyse internal processes, recommend and implement procedural or policy changes to improve operations.
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Degree in Accounting or professional accounting qualification.
- Minimum five (5) years of related working experience
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Proactive with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of and skills in using computer software e.g. Microsoft software applications
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Ability to work on own initiatives and to operate under tight schedules and deadlines
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org