- Crewing and Agency work – All matters relating to the recruitment, employment, termination and welfare of the ship’s personnel including main records of personal records and training.
- Arrange and keep record of interviews and appraisals. Recruitment / re-employment of Crew in consultation with HODs/ Managers / Superintendent / Marine Superintendent.
- Applying for COR, COE, SID (Malaysia Flag vessels). To update crew article of agreement after every crew change. Travelling to Marine department for certification matters.
- Be well versed with the Flag requirement for crew certificates and crewing matters.
- Being thorough with the MLC requirement.
- Ensuring all the certificates, SEA and relevant crew documents are verified and maintained in Ship management software.
- Prompting new regulations and requirements to the superior.
- Responsible to attend TMSA and other audits and inspection for crewing matters.
- Arranging un-announced alcohol test (monthly) and annual drug and alcohol test by shore.
- Attend to any crew medical or emergency, liaising with next of kin and relevant authority.
- Conducting ship visit for crewing matters and investigation.
- Verification of actual manning on each vessel against approved manning.
- Prepare crewing budget annually. Provide justified comments for monthly Opex review of the vessels in care.
- Crew briefing and de-briefing as per the IMS procedure.
- All agreements with crew agent/s to be verified and approved by Director prior any signing-on.
- Verification of invoices from agents, recruiting offices and other service providers
- Work out rotation schedule for officers and crew.
- Arrange travel arrangement for on-off signing Officers and crew in liaison with Masters and agents in port, keep the records and report on monthly, quarterly & annual basis.
- Ad-hoc duties include arranging in crew seminars and administrative work for MPD (Assist to stock up PPE, Training implementation etc.)
- Degree/ Diploma in Maritime Studies or HR or Business
- Good communication & crew management skills
- Minimum three years crew manning experience in shipping company
- Computer literate
- Able to take ad hoc and multi-disciplinary jobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com