- Responsible for ensuring a true Agile/Scrum process over the course of all the projects under SSP initiatives for their successful implementations.
- Ensuring the project teams live Agile/Scrum values and principles and follows the processes and practices to delight the customers.
- Maintains a high-level view, helping teams to understand both organizational and technical dependencies while avoiding chokepoints
- Assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team organization.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with and emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Making sure everyone on the team understands and works collaboratively toward common project’s goals.
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of out of self-organization.
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies: daily stand-up, backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint review, retrospective and others which may be deem necessary.
- Help teams implement changes effectively.
- Manage each project’s scope and timeline.
- Monitor the sprint’s progress and coordinate together with Product Owner to remove roadblocks impeding product’s development.
- Work with the Product Owner to make sure the product backlog is up to date.
- Communicate changes in the product backlog to the development team.
- Motivate the development team to complete tasks on time.
- Facilitating the teams without coercion, assigning or dictating the work through discussion, decision making and conflict resolution.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
- Ensure deliverable are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint.
- Existing guidelines are yet to be Agile-ed in which may delay the implementation if adopting the current way of working.
- Fundamental of the existing ecosystem is not ready for digital transformation.
- Relevant project members have to be trained on Agile in order to be able to work in Agile way.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field. Ideally with background in Agile software development.
- First level Scrum Master certification ( CSM, PSM I) is mandatory.
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II) is preferred.
- Strong understanding of Agile methodology and practices.
- Experience working in Agile teams or in a collaborative team environment which includes discussions around creative reviews, giving and receiving constructive feedback to and from team members and customers.
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach. i.e. various Burndown techniques, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Knowledge of Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing and Agile Games.
- Knowledge of applying various Burndown techniques, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.
- Influential and strong in Scrum and Agile methodology.
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction.
- Familiarity with software development.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org