- To lead the University’s marketing, communications and student recruitment strategy in Malaysia and for the broader SEA region, reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer to position the university and deliver the ambitious student recruitment targets
- This role works as a team with the global Marketing, Recruitment, Admissions and Communications (MRAC) teams. The roleholder will work closely with the Global Chief0 Operating Officer, Global Directors of Marketing, Director of Communications based in the UK, Dubai and our Regional Offices in India and China.
- To provide clear, effective and timely market research taking into consideration the environment, market trends, academic portfolio and management information, with analysis and recommendations to shape the business plan and inform decision making to the Executive Management Committee and a range of stakeholders including Heads and Associate Heads of School.
- To lead and manage the operational teams who will be the ambassadors for positive education, to deliver highly effective and brand-led marketing communication campaigns which raise awareness of our brand and drive enquiries and applications to the Malaysia campus and our international campuses, from the SEA region.
- To lead the operational teams to deliver highly effective operations, effectively utilising the budget, working in close collaboration with our global teams across the world.
- To develop, deliver and evaluate demonstrably effective communication campaigns and plans targeted at key audiences and stakeholders that fully utilise digital channels and techniques and the media to tell the compelling story of our University and its academic achievements.
- To take the lead in campus and wider external and internal communications to a range of internal and external stakeholders, enhancing our brand and reputation and ensuring that our staff and students are informed about our successes and are actively contributing to our marketing, communication and recruitment activities.
- To lead engagement with VIP visitors, including industry to the campus and their organisations and ensure the delivery of high impact corporate events which enhance our reputation and brand. This will be achieved in collaboration with the senior management team and academic colleagues.
- To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with media contacts and communication professionals in key external organisations, such as the MOHE, MQA, British High Commission etc., which deliver tangible advantage and benefits to the university.
- Effective annual planning and budgeting with clear track record on working within budgets to deliver innovative plans. Develop and present detailed budgets that increase the impact of University recruitment activities while driving recruitment cost per student down.
- Exercising influence upon policy development and application, interpreting policy implications that impact upon the MRAC operations and future student recruitment.
- Keep abreast of developments in the education industry, anticipate and plan for impact and explore potential opportunities including new markets.
- Roleholder is a member of the Executive Management Committee of the Campus, responsible to develop the vision and strategy of the campus, aligned with the global university’s strategy, driving direction and delivering long term outcomes for the campus.
- Must have a degree – preferably in marketing, communications, business, administration or relevant professional qualifications.
- Experience in a similar role, leading dynamic teams in a student recruitment environment or other industry will be considered.
- Significant experience of developing marketing, sales and communications strategy within a global organisation.
- Significant experience of market research to inform strategy, leading to successful target achievement.
- Experience in managing press and PR
- Effective communicator across a wide variety of stakeholders
- Strategic outlook and able to contribute to the delivery of the University Strategy, drawing upon and sharing knowledge gained through engagement and close relationships with colleagues to inform and influence decisions.
- Demonstrable and welldeveloped inter-personal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, at a professional level suitable for dealing with complex enquiries.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills, proven track record in building relationships with clients and supplies.
- Able to manage self and lead others, providing line management direction, support, mentoring and coaching.
- Be flexible, proactive, detailoriented and motivated.
- Must be able to thrive in high pressure situations and with tight deadlines.
- Able to present a professional image with a broad range of people from applicants and their influencers to senior managers and stakeholders
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org