- Defining and developing the overall vision and future state architecture and technology for shared platforms needed to support business processes for the region.
- Managing and executing integrated internal and vendor technology solutions and proposing strategic roadmaps for shared assets.
- Directing all efforts geared towards identifying and incubating new technologies prior to their implementation
- Acting as a key business partner for the technical delivery of projects for the organisation
- Leading the regional enterprise Architecture team in the development and alignment of enterprise architecture, solution architecture and business architecture with technical strategies and business objectives.
- Supporting and coaching the regional enterprise Architecture team using your technical knowledge and experience to drive best practice and ensure capability is optimised
- Supporting a community of Architecture Practice in ASIA
- Chair of the Architecture Review Board of ASIA
- Working with stakeholders, both leadership and subject matter experts, to build a holistic view of the organisations strategy, processes, information and information technology assets and ensure that the business and IT are aligned by linking the business strategy to the IT strategy for the shared platform.
- Actively participate in understanding, supporting, and providing input in order to ensure the enterprise’s IT strategy development process is effective.
- Lead activities of Strategic Planning and provide strong guidance to develop and shape the IT strategies to ensure anticipated business needs are reflected in the strategic plan, and the introduction of innovative solutions are aligned with the business strategy.
- Contribute to strategy development by providing insights on standards and innovative solutions in the market ensuring the strategy is also market relevant.
- Undertake strategy review of current state to understand complexity index for AM entities
- For new solutions for shared platforms, lead the final approval process with the business IT Management to ensure that all important issues have been addressed and consensus is reached following well-informed discussions.
- Communicate the IT Roadmap for shared assets to the Asia countries, to ensure stakeholder buy-in and alignment of country strategies with the group strategy.
- Oversee and contribute to the development and introduction of innovative solutions to ensure alignment with the business strategy
- Manage stakeholder expectations and communication to ensure all concerns are addressed and buy-in is obtained at key points of projects.
- Manage the development of the long term strategy for the function to ensure alignment with the Asian Market Office vision for IT.
- Provide guidance on the direction and prioritization of the enterprise, architecture development and lead the development of the strategic roadmap to ensure alignment to the overall IT strategy.
- Develop the strategic roadmap of enterprise architecture to ensure that shared asset solutions being implemented now and in the future are aligned.
- Develop and align the enterprise architecture standard with the enterprise architecture framework standard and templates to ensure consistency interminology and documentation.
- Assess and evaluate the value of the enterprise architecture and ensure the value of the enterprise architecture is clearly and effectively communicated to stakeholders.
- Undertake the analysis of the current IT environment to ensure critical deficiencies are detected and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Sponsor the Regional Architecture Review Board.
- Establish and maintain the target architecture and actively monitor the evolution of the technology to ensure new innovative solutions are identified and proposed to the businesses.
- Govern the IT solutions with IT strategies and target architecture to ensure the alignment of solutions to the target enterprise architecture and standards, to ensure the designs are strategically aligned to the future vision for IT as well as identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise architecture to accommodate project needs.
- Establish and develop the integration architecture standard, data architecture standard, IT technology and solution standard catalogue to ensure consistent terminology and documentation.
- Define and communicate target enterprise architecture to ensure that it meets business requirements and is aligned to IT strategies.
- Study Market Benchmark information
- Review and sign-off on the solution architecture design as the chief architect, to ensure the designs are strategically aligned to the future vision for IT.
- Provide guidance on the direction and prioritization of the solution, architecture development for shared assets to ensure alignment to the business strategy.
- Manage key stakeholder expectations to ensure they are aligned with the Architecture Target and Roadmap.
- Consult with project teams to align solutions to target enterprise architecture and standards, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise architecture to accommodate project needs.
- Advise and provide guidance on implementation of new technology solutions to ensure an accurate implementation plan and estimation of financial costs is outlined.
- Liaise and consult with vendors to ensure that management is informed of available technology updates and innovative solutions from vendors
- Exchange strategy and roadmaps with vendors to ensure that they can optimally support Asia market initiatives.
- Collaborate with and support the Group Information Security Practice, Regional CISOs and other stakeholders as necessary to ensure that information security within the local entity is relevant, cost-effective and is delivered in accordance with the Group Information Security Strategy
- Maintain an understanding of emerging technology, risks and industry trends. Assess the impact on the business environment and recommend appropriate mitigation actions or the prioritisation of projects and investments
- Drive improvement in the maturity level of the team to ensure a move towards partnering with the business, promoting solutions and becoming the business’ advisor on the IT solutions.
- Establish and develop the Architecture capabilities by recruiting new staff and mentoring junior architects to ensure that the standards for these roles are aligned with the industry.
- Contribute to develop a culture in alignment with Asian Markets and IT vision.
- Develop, implement, and manage the department budget, plan and closely monitor costs to ensure they fall within budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 20 years relevant experience with 10+ years of enterprise architecture and strategic planning role experience
- 10+ years finance industry experience
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- Have industry wide certification in one or more Enterprise Architecture Governance domains, such as TOGAF, DoDAF, MODAF, Zachman, FEAF, COSO or COBIT
- Broad experience and understanding of the technology industry.
- Proven record of delivering business value from IT at an executive level, bringing the benefits of technology to solve business issues while also managing costs and risk.
- Ability to understand the needs of non-technical customers, to conceptualize, launch and deliver technology-enabled business change projects.
- Leadership qualities and ability to coordinate physical and virtual resources and initiatives.
- Executive-level interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills, good listener, ability to provide a trusted voice at the decision-making table.
- Ability to make insightful, successful decisions
- Competent delivering results through ownership & drive
- Exposure to transformational change within a business
- The ability to think creatively and ensure services meets stakeholder needs and are fit for purpose.
- Ability to lead the work of others
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to create strong working relationships with others
- Ability to gather, synthesise and analyse data and draw logical conclusions
- Well organised and results-driven individual
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Demonstrates big picture thinking as a behaviour
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org