- Develop IAD Plan, audit techniques and Internal Audit programmes to ensure that the IAD’s objectives are always met.
- Establish Internal Audit improvement programs in audit activities to ensure the IAD processes are consistent with Internal Audit standards and best practices.
- Review and recommend improvements for governance, risk management and controls, and work practices with a view to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Conduct Credit & Operations Audit assessments and report to the Board Audit Committee (BAC) as well as Audit Compliance Committee (ACC) and the CIA on a periodic basis.
- Advise CIA on the updates/changes to regulatory and professional developments and its implications to the business activities of the Corporation.
- Review the assessed risks, as well as the objectives and scope of auditable areas in order to improve the Corporation’s operations.
- Review audit programmes prepared by staff prior to audit assignments and ensure that the assignments are carried out in accordance with IAD’s established procedures.
- Lead the entrance and exit audit meetings to ensure that the scope of audit and objectives as well as the audit results are communicated with the Management.
- Perform special works and investigations of any confidential natures including those requested by the management and CIA.
- Liaise with external auditors and ensure audit efforts are optimised.
- Provide guidance to subordinates in conducting audit exercises as well as ensuring audit assignments are conducted efficiently to meet objectives within allocated time.
- Assist IAD staff in identifying business operations related risks and controls, and to ensure adequate coverage using IAD methodology.
- Assist CIA in the development of operation audit resources and training needs.
- Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates to ensure employees understand their job expectations
- Degree in Finance/Accounting, IIAM, ACCA, CPA, CIA or equivalent
- At least 10 years of internal auditing experience and exposure in risk management
- Extensive leadership and project management experience with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills including influencing skills and the ability to communicate with all levels and functions in the Corporations
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com