- Prepare financial statements and management reports in compliance with statutory and management requirements
- Prepare budget and forecast and manage tax related matters
- Prepare investment vouchers and reports
- Is a member of Senior Management team and is responsible in jointly setting Company’s directions and is a Guardian of Financial Prudence within the Company
- Assist in planning and implementation of accounting projects, i.e. IFRS 17
- To prepare and review regulatory and statistical reports i.e. monthly Bank Negara Malaysia (BNNM) statutory returns, Enhanced Selected Insurance Statistical Returns, Month on Month (MoM) Variance report, International Investment Position (IIP), Statement of Inter Company Accounts (OA) and External Accounts (EA), etc.
- To prepare and review the monthly Risk Based Capital computation for internal and external solvency monitoring reporting.
- To manage and review all reporting on the Company’s Related Party Transactions to Board Audit Committee, Board, Group Finance, BNM and others. To manage the Company’s RPT policy.
- To assist in preparation of Company’s Annual Financial Statement and Consolidation Financial Statement.
- To review Malaysian Financial Reporting Standards (MFRSs) that are relevant to the Company’s functions and study its impact on the Company’s financial statements.
- Perform expense study / cost allocation and chart of account mapping to ensure all required new chart of accounts under MFRS 17 are identified
- Prepare the template of financial statement that follow MFRS 17 (where applicable)
- Evaluate, understand, and build Business Data Requirement, and convert to user requirement for system enhancement
- Should the responsibility as the Guardian of Compliance within the Company
- Is fully responsible for the Company’s finance management
- Is responsible in setting up, managing and continuously updating Finance & Compliance SOPs
- Is responsible in helping create, setup, manage and improve financial tools within the Company
- Is responsible in ensuring that Accounts Receivable, Payable etc are monitored, controlled and managed in line with Industry standards
- Is responsible in ensuring that all Fund Raising for the Company are done in an objective and professional manner with special care on Financial Fiduiciary responsibilities
- Co-lead cost efficiency measures including identification, trouble shooting and improvement
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent, in Finance, or any related discipline
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (MIA, ACCA, CPA, MICPA or ICAEW)
- Minimum of 8 years’ working experience in financial institutions (Banking or Insurance)
- Experience in implementing MFRS’ adoption will be an added advantage
- Those with experience operating in a Technology environment are warmly welcomed
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com