- This position reports to the Regional Domain Leader for Distributed Systems.
- The candidate will be involved in planning, design, development and maintenance phases of Oracle, MS-SQL and NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB) databases in a large-size computing environment.
- Most of the time participate in projects as a Database subject matter expert contributing in database design, installation, integration (to front-end applications), optimization as well as subsequent administration of the databases.
- Provide 3rd level business-as-usual support for databases in areas of monitoring, tuning, backups and patching.
- This position will provide guidance and on the job coaching to 2nd level DBA where necessary.
- Participate in periodic audit reviews and remediation exercises.
- Ensure that databases are secured according to Global Information Security guidelines.
- Participate in ad-hoc task as and when assigned by his/her Supervisor.
- A Degree in Computing, IT or Engineering from a recognized tertiary institution.
- 5 – 7 years of DBA experience in an enterprise production environment. Experience working in high-availability environments is a plus.
- Preferred to have worked with distributed systems in a regional environment.
- Good knowledge of ITIL processes.
- A team player who can also work independently with minimum supervision.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Be open to working outside of normal operational hours when required.
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle11g/12c, MS SQL 2012/2014 and NoSQL is highly desirable. Exposure to B2 is a plus.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org