- Design, implement, document, and support the logical data model for new features or enhancements to existing features.
- Design physical data structures to support application requirements, develop performance reviews and tuning recommendations for applications
- Provide consultancy to developers about design of stored procedures and other objects.
- Write advanced T-SQL queries for data manipulation, ad-hoc reporting or DB management.
- Establish and maintain comprehensive data dictionary documentation including detailed descriptions of business entities, attributes, and data relationships as well as the definition of business rules governing the integrity, archiving, and audit requirements of the data.
- Provide support for installing, upgrading and maintaining multiple MS SQL Server environments, applications and new releases of MS SQL Server.
- Assists in applying infrastructure and procedure changes, planning, recommending and implementing changes to SQL Server architecture
- Control and monitor user privileges, security settings and activity levels
- Analyze and resolve database and application issues affecting SQL Server environments such as deadlocks and long running queries.
- Plan, implements, tests and documents backup plans and disaster recovery procedures;
- Initiate action to identify recurring incidents and fix problems through proactive trend analysis of the platform infrastructure and eradication of underlying root causes.
- 4+ years of practical experience as a Database Engineer in Microsoft SQL Server (2008 & Later) with very strong T-SQL coding skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and to form liaisons with other groups to achieve stated objectives.
- Effective problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Experience in performance tuning and database design; and capacity planning and sizing SQL Server environments.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery, MSSQL database replication and high availability.
- Knowledge of monitoring and alerting applications.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize logical data models to design solutions for databases.
- Ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality and with little direct supervision.
- MCSA/ MCSE preferred.
- Experience with Git/BitBucket, Jira and Confluence is desired.
- Experience in PostgreSQL and REDIS is a plus
- Experience with IDERA tool suite is a plus.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced verbal and written English skills is required
- Advanced verbal and written Mandarin skills is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or Engineering) from four-year College or University.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com