- Responsible for the design, coding, testing and documentation of software whilst complying with agreed techniques and standards for version control of software for the company.
- Responsible for administration of the BI platform including software deployment, security configuration and scheduled job creation.
- Evaluate, review and provide expert advice in programming methods, tools and/or standards used in the organization.
- Plan, design and conduct tests on software, correcting defects, re-test to achieve an error-free result in conjunction with Quality Assurance team.
- Plan, design and conduct performance and usability tests on software to achieve systems that deliver acceptable performance and are easy to use.
- Document all work in accordance with agreed format and standards for subsequent review and sign off.
- Undertake reviews of supplied specifications, with others as necessary.
- Take part in peer reviews of own work, colleague and 3rd parties as required to ensure high standards of software delivered to the business.
- Ensure that all software development adheres to company security standards, and that there are no breaches to data security either internally or externally.
- Transact-SQL – Creation of complex queries, stored procedures, views and functions.
- Report and BI Dashboard design and troubleshooting.
- BI platform administration.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and above.
- Exposure to Azure (SQL PaaS) would be useful
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services / Power BI Report Server 2017 and above.
- QlikView (version 12 and above).
- Knowledge of PowerBI whilst not essential would be advantageous.
- Visual Studio (2013 and above).
- Report Builder
- QlikView Designer
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Azure Dev Ops.
- Excellent team skills working in collaboration at a highly technical level with colleagues, IT partners and IT consultants both on and off site.
- Excellent communications skills to explain either verbally or in writing, technical concepts, solutions and ideas with people at all levels of IT knowledge and experience.
- Ability to work independently and with high degree of autonomy to make decisions at the appropriate time, drawing on experience and considering the needs of the situation, priorities, constraints and the availability of necessary information.
- Software Testing: Familiar with testing techniques used to plan and execute software tests of all application components (functional and non-functional) to verify that the software satisfies specified requirements and to detect errors.
- Corporate, Industry and Professional Standards: Proficient in the specific standards associated with this role.
- Examples: accessibility standards, organisational network performance standards, service desk procedures, corporate quality, security, agile development methodology and change management processes
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org