To assist the General Counsel & Company Secretary in ensuring the operations and functions of Company Secretarial Unit under the Legal & Company Secretarial Department.
- To provide in-house secretarial services in managing and administering secretarial practices and corporate secretarial requirements in accordance with applicable rules and regulations.
- To assist as Secretary of Management Committee/Sub and circular resolutions in relation to the assigned meetings.
- To assist in the preparation of pre and post meetings, general meeting and internal management meetings, as and when necessary.
- To prepare board meeting papers on corporate governance and secretarial matters.
- To ensure compliance with Constitution and Joint Venture & Shareholders’ Agreement.
- To maintain statutory registers including register of members, register of directors, managers and secretary and register of directors’ shareholdings, debentures and interest (i.e. interests in shares and debentures),
- To maintain the Reporting Register consisting of all documents and reports filed to Bank Negara Malaysia, relevant government agencies and any other regulatory bodies.
- To file / lodge information with the Companies Commission of Malaysia, report certain changes regarding the company and ensure compliance with requirements for periodic filing e.g. Annual Returns and audited financial statements and accounts.
- To communicate with shareholders on issues relation to their rights, such as rights issues and capitalization issues, and capitalizations issues, arranging payments for dividends, handling with transfers and other matters affecting shareholdings and dealing with any queries and requests from shareholders.
- To manage and maintain records management filing system/database for company secretarial matters.
- To be able to handle basic secretarial duties.
- To attend ad hoc assignments when required.
- Must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Professional Degree, Master’s Degree, Doctorate (PhD) in Law, Corporate Secretarial: or equivalent. Preferably ICSA graduate or Member of MAICSA
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in Secretarial Functions.
- Must have knowledge of general corporate legal issues. Well versed in Companies Act 2016, Financial Services Act 2013, Development Financial Institution Act 2002, Malaysian Code of Corporate Governance, Bursa Malaysia’s Main Market Listing Requirements and Corporate Governance Guide, Bank Negara Malaysia’s Corporate Governance Policy and other related laws and regulations.
- Professional, Analytical, Clarity of though, Practical and Persuasive, Good Interpersonal Skills and good Command of English/ Bahasa Malaysia.
- Good Analytical skills and sound legal judgment to support business needs.
- Resourceful, self-motivated, meticulous, and able to work independently.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org