- Assist with and/or supervise the development of all related curricular.
- Plan and supervise in-house staff professional development, including teacher monitoring and appraisal; staff, including orientation and training and general briefing on academic matters.
- Management of quality assurance and professional development, staffing, team building and human resources management within the academic department.
- Monitor compliance requirements and working to ensure that learners receive the best outcomes, service and advice possible.
- Development of new curriculum/materials and liaison with existing/new publishers.
- Develop, plan and present the spectrum of CEFL courses to clients.
- Supervise Cambridge Assessment English (CAE) examination, where appropriate, administration and supervision.
- Review and develop Placement Test materials.
- Supervise teacher quality assessment periodically
- Implement processes and procedures for communications with parents/clients, including progress reports, stock letters and arrangements for Parent/Teacher Meetings.
- Maintain and develop procedures for quality control, especially teacher performance and teaching materials.
- Plan, organise and participate in training workshops, seminars etc. on academic matters.
- Provide academic support to Marketing and Operations personnel;
- Teach CEFL programmes as required.
- Conduct routine professional development workshops.
- Provide monthly reports for Management on academic matters.
- Provide editorial service to all departments for outgoing correspondence, press releases/articles/advertisements, marketing material, website content, standard prepared responses.
- Undertake any other assignments, duties, tasks and responsibilities which may arise from time to time as and when necessary.
- To be involved in other ad-hoc projects as and when assigned by the Company.
- To have strong coaching ability. Coaches and motivates staff. Provides guidance and direction on problems and issues. Builds capability within the team
- To identify and attracts talent. Develops strong leadership of second liners for key positions across departments
- Master’s Degree in Education/English (with IGCSE first language English – has related qualifications and / or experience); teaching certification preferred (PHD holders are also welcomed to apply)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in teaching English, with preferred 5 additional years of experience in management
- Sound knowledge of the Malaysia Education System.
- Willing to work overtime hours and weekends when needed.
- Able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org